Doctor Specialist in Arthritis - Rheumatology Consultant London | Rheumatologist London | Dr Stephanie Barrett



Make an enquiry or appointment

Please contact Dr Stephanie Barrett’s secretary Kate Picon on:

Tel: 020 7730 8508

Please Bring With You

A referral letter from your GP and any scans/X rays you may have with you at every appointment.

GMC No: 2825957

Bupa: 02825957

AXA PPP: SK00674



The London Consulting Rooms
2nd Floor
116 Harley Street


If you begin having unusual pain in your joints then you may visit your GP fairly rapidly but when will you see a specialist? A doctor specialist in arthritis is usually a rheumatologist and they will work with you to put together a dedicated and personal care plan to handle your symptoms. Once you have been referred then your doctor specialist in arthritis will take over the care of your condition and refer any necessary information back to your GP.

Do you need to see a Doctor about your Joints?

If you are worried about your joints or have any level of concerns you should definitely contact your doctor. Specifically look out for these potential signs of arthritis:

  • Pain, swelling or unusual stiffness in one particular joint or more
  • Red or warm-to-touch joints
  • Tenderness around the joins
  • Difficulty in day to day movement, regular functionality

Often when the above symptoms are regular or last in excess of 1-2 days you should see your doctor. Dependent on your symptoms your GP may immediately refer you for a doctor specialist in arthritis. Alternatively, they may want to do more tests first.

Treatment from a Doctor Specialist in Arthritis

Your arthritis specialist will be able to go through a wide range of treatment options with you. As experts in their field they will know about the latest treatment and be able to provide you with a wider range of options. They can advise beyond just regular pain medication which may be what your GP can offer. A doctor specialist in arthritis can expand the range of options available to you. They will also put you quickly in contact with other health professionals who may be able to help such as occupational therapists and physiotherapists.

If you have a diagnosis of an arthritic condition, a specialist is the best person to help.